Ditch the car and hop on the bus. Bus-only freeway lanes and ramp meter bypasses can make your commute even faster. Several bus lines operate in the Twin Cities metro and many have direct routes to the U. Check out the service from your area.
- Metro Transit (largest transit provider)
- See maps of city bus routes serving the U of M campus
- Make your voice heard - give feedback
- Sign up for email/text updates on rider alerts for metro bus routes.
- Download the Metro Transit app
- See the Safety & Security Action Plan
- Text for Safety - Everyone knows to call 9-1-1 to report a crime but what if you don’t feel comfortable making that call due to concerns for your personal safety? Contact Metro Transit by text for non-emergency situations to silently report something that doesn’t look right on a bus, on a train or at a transit shelter.
- This service is also accessible via the Metro Transit App.
- TEXT 612-900-0411* to report suspicious or threatening behavior or anything else we should know about so we can send help.
*Messaging and data rates apply; refer to your wireless plan for more details.
- Anoka County Transit (Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, Elk River, Fridley, Ramsey)
- Maple Grove Transit (Maple Grove)
- Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Rosemount and Savage)
- Plymouth Metrolink (Plymouth)
- SouthWest Transit (Chanhassen, Chaska, Eden Prairie, Victoria)