Summer Promotion! Offer expires July 1, 2022
A new way to get around just hit the streets. Meet Evie: an all-electric, one-way carshare service made for the Twin Cities by the Twin Cities. Join now for #1 with code EvieMSP and get $25 drive credit. Valid though 7/1/22.
Car-sharing is an on-campus alternative to owning your own car and is a popular transportation option in the Twin Cities. When you join to be a member of HOURCAR, the cost of gas/charging, insurance, and vehicle maintenance is included in your trip costs.
- 24/7 access to vehicles
- Minimum age is 18 (see terms)
- International students welcome to join
- Rates include gas/charging and insurance
- Is approved for Metro Transit's Guaranteed Ride Home trip reimbursement program for emergencies
Two Services, One Membership
HOURCAR offers two different services in the same smartphone app:
- HOURCAR: round-trip, hub-based service with a variety of different vehicles to choose from. Reserve a car as short as 30 minutes or a few days as far as 6 months in advance. Return the vehicle back to its hub when done.
- Evie Carshare: an all-electric, one-way, free-floating service with trips by the minute, hour, or day. Find cars in the Home Area and end trips at City of Minneapolis or Saint Paul meters 2+ hours, in permit required zones, and other on-street parking spaces.
- $25 one-time registration fee for University students, staff, and faculty
- No security deposit
- Students, faculty and staff get discounted rates on the Student plan for HOURCAR and Evie Carshare
- Charging/gas, insurance, and 24/7 roadside assistance included
- View HOURCAR campus locations and find dedicated off-street spaces for Evie
University Departments! Car-sharing can work for you too. It’s a perfect solution to your short-term vehicle needs – for meetings, research, meals, or transportation for a visiting colleague. Review HOURCAR's Business Solutions.