U of M Bike Center
Operated by the Hub Bike Cooperative of Minneapolis, the U of M Bike Center has offered great amenities and programs to all bicyclists on campus since 2011. For more information and resources, visit their website.
The Bike Center is located at 401 SE Oak St. Minneapolis, MN, near the corner of Oak and Delaware Streets. It is on the west side of the Oak Street Parking Ramp near the elevator lobby.
Public Hours (managed by The Hub):
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
UMN Bike Center is closed until January 9 for winter break.
Events and Programs:
The Hub offers a variety of classes for riders looking to increase their knowledge in bicycle maintenance from basic tire replacement to full tuneups! Check their calendar for a full list of workshops and classes.
- Electronic bike trip-planning kiosk
- Bicycle retail and repair service shop - The Hub Bike Co-op (a full-service bike shop with two Minneapolis locations)
- ZAP Program - RFID (radio frequency identification) tagging and tracking capabilities
- Space for clubs and organizations to meet
- Educational opportunities, such as smart cycling courses and bike maintenance classes
For Members Only
- Sheltered bicycle parking (available 24/7)
- Showers, restrooms, lockers, and changing facilities (available 24/7)
A Bike Center membership costs $40 per year. The membership year is October 1 - September 30 and access is granted through your U Card. If interested in a bike center membership, visit the Parking & Transportation Services front desk (300 Transportation & Safety Building, 511 Washington Avenue SE) with your U Card and payment (cash, credit card and checks accepted) during open hours. Please allow approximately two business days to process and activate a membership.
Have You Been Zapped?
The Bike Center is the base for the ZAP Program - an innovative RFID system that allows bicyclists to earn benefits and incentives, such as gift card raffles, by simply riding past ZAP stations around campus with the ZAP tag on their bikes. U of M employees enrolled in the UPlan health plan can also earn discounts on their insurance premiums. Learn more.