|For the University community, find game day specifics and information|
On gamedays, drivers should anticipate congestion and delays while travelling to/from and around campus. Carpooling and alternate methods (transit, bike, walk) are highly recommended.
Because of limited road capacity around the stadium, fans should anticipate that streets around campus will be congested for about one hour after the game. Incidents on the roadways or freeways can increase exiting time.
Football season ticket holders can pre-select their parking location and purchase a season parking pass.
The personalized maps below show selected parking locations and recommended travel routes into campus for each (certain campus roads may be closed to traffic). Note: this information is subject to change with construction. Note: Lot 108 is NOT available for Thursday, 8/31 game.
|Note: each map has MULTIPLE pages!|
All single game parking is based on space availability. As a parking facility fills, parking attendants may direct you to the nearest available location.
- East Bank (No Tailgating Allowed)
- St. Paul (Tailgating Allowed)
- State Fairgrounds Lot 108 - $10/vehicle
- Season ticket holders with a state-issued disability permit or plates may purchase a season parking pass in either Maroon Lot or Gold Lot. Contact the Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-U-GOPHER.
- Day-of-game disability parking ($20) is available at the University Avenue Ramp.
- A drop-off for disability patrons will be located adjacent to the stadium along the north side of University Avenue.
- Gopher Athletics will be running an Ambassador Shuttle (6-passenger golf carts) from University Avenue Ramp to the stadium for patrons with disabilities or those who cannot walk long distances. Contact the Athletics Office at 1-800-U-GOPHER.
- University Paratransit Service is provided from Lot 108 (St. Paul's tailgating lot near the Fairgrounds) to Huntington Bank Stadium.
RV parking is available on game day only for $40 in the State Fairgrounds Lot 108 in St. Paul. (NOT available for Thursday, 8/31 Game)
Season ticket holders with RVs will be in the Victory Lot. Overnight parking is allowed.
On home gamedays, free Gopher Football Shuttles bring patrons from St. Paul to Huntington Bank Stadium (NOT available for Thursday, 8/31 game).
- The St. Paul Gopher Football Shuttle stops at two locations:
- Lot 108 (St. Paul fairgrounds lot)
- Huntington Bank Stadium (East Bank)
- The St. Paul Gopher Football Shuttle runs every 10 minutes starting 3 hours before the game and increases to 5 minute service as needed.
- During the game, these shuttles run every 10 minutes.
- After the game, these shuttles run continuously until the crowd is clear. After this time, see the Campus Connector information paragraph below.
- Dedicated shuttles for those with disabilities or in need of extra assistance are available. The St. Paul disability shuttle, post-game, loads on the west side of 23rd Avenue where the shuttle drops off pre-game.
- All Gopher Football Shuttles are low-floor, one-level buses and are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
Campus Connector/University Avenue Circulator
The University's Campus Connector runs from West Bank to East Bank to St. Paul and operates on its weekend schedule (every 20 minutes starting at 9:30 a.m. until 2 a.m. on Saturdays). Buses do not stop around the stadium, but follow a game day detour route. Detour route in effect four hours before kick-off and one hour post-game.
The University's University Avenue Circulator runs from West Bank to East Bank and operates on its weekend schedule (every 15 minutes starting at 9:30 a.m. until 2 a.m. on Saturdays).
See a gameday map of these routes and stops.
NOTE: Games on the Saturday after Thanksgiving offer reduced campus bus service. Call 612-626-PARK for details regarding that day.
The University of Minnesota permits tailgating on football game days in designated surface parking lots, during specified hours and under other general conditions.
- On weekends, tailgating may begin up to 6 hours before game time, but no earlier than 7 a.m.
- On weekdays, tailgating may begin up to 6 hours before game time, but no earlier than 2 p.m.
- Tailgating must end 4 hours after game time or midnight, whichever comes first.
- All vehicles must leave the parking lots when they close at midnight.
- Green space within a parking lot or within 15 feet of a designated surface parking lot may be used for tailgating by the participants assigned to that parking lot.
- Tailgating is NOT permitted on any other University of Minnesota property, including parking ramps and garages.
These policies are intended to enhance the football game day experience, promote a safe campus environment and preserve the beauty of our campus.
View the schedule and times at the top of this page.
To view more details on University policy, please view the University's Tailgating Policy.
To view details on City of Minneapolis rules and ordinances, please view the City's Game Day Parking Webpage.
PTS and other University departments have partnered with local and state transportation officials to create a comprehensive parking and traffic plan for Gopher football fans to provide the best campus travel experience possible.
- PTS has developed a traffic management plan designed to ease congestion and ensure safe, efficient movement through campus on game days.
- Officers are stationed at key intersections, parking access points and pedestrian crossings
- Special event signal timing will be implemented
- Pre-game –favors inbound traffic
- Post-game –favors outbound traffic
- Local electronic message signs alert drivers of event-related parking information
- An on-campus traffic management center monitors Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT) and local video feeds
- Watch for back-ups/incidents
- Communicate messages to the public via electronic message signs
- On-street parking is temporarily restricted at select locations to promote efficient traffic flow
- Some streets immediately adjacent to Huntington Bank Stadium are partially or fully closed to accommodate large pedestrian volumes before and after events
- For parking facilities north of University Avenue, season ticket holders are encouraged to use University Avenue via I-35W or Highway 280
- For facilities south of University Avenue, season ticket holders are encouraged to use Huron Avenue and Washington Avenue
For those who would rather avoid driving to campus on game days, there are a number of transportation choices.
Metro Transit offers fast, frequent service to Huntington Bank Stadium. Visit Metro Transit for personalized trip planning.
METRO TRANSIT BUSES
Take your local bus route to the METRO Green Line to gain direct access to the game with a drop-off right at Stadium Village Station. Huntington Bank Stadium can be conveniently accessed on routes 2, 3, or 6. And don't forget the Northstar Commuter Rail. So don’t worry about the usual traffic and parking headaches and save the energy for cheering on the team!
Get advanced bus and train tickets for Gophers games.
You can also purchase an Event 6-Hour Pass for $3.50 from the bus driver for easy round-trip travel.
The Metro Transit Green Line links downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul, the University of Minnesota and many neighborhoods. There is a convenient stop located just outside of Huntington Bank Stadium. The Stadium Village Station is located off 23rd Avenue on the south side of the stadium. Light rail trains operate every 10-15 minutes.
Park in one of 2,800 free Park & Ride spaces along the METRO Blue Line and purchase an Event 6-Hour Pass for $3.50 from the ticket machine on the rail station platform for easy round trip travel. Take the METRO Blue Line to the Downtown East Station, get off the train, board the METRO Green Line to the Stadium Village Station and enjoy the game. After the game, show your Event 6-Hour Pass to board the Green Line again.
Biking is a great option for coming to the game. Refer to our campus cycling map to find your way.
FREE bike parking is located next to the stadium from all directions, so ride up to the front door. See our bike parking map. Remember to follow the traffic rules and lock your bikes.
Shared Bikes and Scooters
Shared bikes and scooters offer great flexibility in traveling to/from the stadium. With nearby bike racks for electric bikes and scooters, you’re only steps away from your seats. Remember to park your scooters at the bike racks to avoid parking charges.
Motorcycles are treated the same as cars. Motorcyclists can park in any cash lot for single game football parking by paying the public event rate or they can purchase a regular football season parking pass with their season tickets.
Taxi Pick-up and Drop-off
A taxi waiting and loading area will be at the west side of the stadium in the closed right-turn lane on Oak Street at 4th Street (see map).
Stopping in any through traffic lanes is prohibited.
Uber, Lyft and Limo Drivers
Uber, Lyft and limousine drivers can stop for drop-off and pick-up at the designated zone in the pullout bay on westbound University Avenue, south of the stadium.
A second Uber and Lyft designated drop-off and pick-up area is by the fire station on Beacon Street between Oak and Ontario Streets. See map.
All charter operations are required to use the City of Minneapolis Charter Bus parking system. Buses will be assigned to designated zones near Huntington Bank Stadium and will need to display a printable permit.
The Charter Bus Parking Map shows charter bus parking locations (note: certain campus roads may be closed to traffic).
The maps below provide a recommended travel route into and out of campus for each charter zone (certain campus roads may be closed to traffic). Note: this information is subject to change. Note: each map has MULTIPLE pages!