The university sees a high volume of traffic around campus so your best strategy is to plan ahead.
During events, there are a few things to note:
- Some parking facilities change rates for special events
- Event rates go into effect between two and three hours before the event (home football games may be earlier)
- During events, cash, checks and credit cards are accepted
- Check the PTS Event Calendar for a consolidated listing of events
- To bypass event rates, try this tip -- park at a facility that doesn't charge event rates:
- East River Road Garage
- Weisman Art Museum Garage
- 19th Avenue Ramp
- Meter parking around campus is only meant for short term parking.
- Time limits vary from 12 minutes to four hours
- Rates are posted on each meter
- University parking meters are free on official University holidays (unless during special events).
- Gopher football games are events on campus where special rules apply
Note: The City of Minneapolis also has meters on campus and their guidelines may differ from the university