Parking contracts are available to University of Minnesota faculty and staff who work a minimum of 75% time.
- 24/7 access to your contract facility with unlimited entries and exits.
- U Card and license plate recognition (LPR) as access credentials at gated/controlled locations
- Reciprocal parking – park in specific locations other than assigned facility.
- Off-peak parking - park in other locations during nights and weekends.
- Payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Lot – $81 per month
- Ramp – $112 per month
- Garage – $146 per month
- Bi-weekly payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Contract Payment Deduction Schedule
- 9-Month Employee Payment Schedule
- Quarterly-billed parking contracts are available for staff and faculty not eligible for payroll-deduction
How to Purchase a Faculty & Staff Parking Contract
Determine your preferred Parking facility location, then add your name to a wait list or purchase a contract.
- Campus Maps
- Sortable facility wait list summary
- You can have a parking contract AND be on a waiting list at the same time.
- Parking Contract Terms and Conditions
- Guide to Parking Contract Credentials
Consider Alternative Transportation
Post-Tax Payment Option
Pretax parking deductions save employees money on taxes by reducing taxable income.
- PTS recommends that individuals thinking about having parking charges deducted post-tax first consult their personal tax advisor.
- If employees opt to change their tax election, they can contact the PTS Assistant Director of Finance at 612-625-1561 or e-mail email@example.com to begin the process of completing an after-tax election form.
Leave of Absence
A contract holder on official leave for a minimum of six months may suspend their contract for the duration of the leave.
- Submit the Suspension of Contract Due to Leave form.
- Your current parking contract will be canceled.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org when you have returned from leave.
- If space is available at your previously contracted parking facility, the contract will be reinstated. If the facility is full upon return, you will receive the first available contract from the wait list.
If the leave is less than six months, you can either:
- Cancel the contract and purchase a new contract upon return from leave, subject to wait lists.
- Retain the contract. As the contract holder, you will remain responsible for the parking contract for the duration of the leave. If the contract is payroll-deducted and you will not be receiving paychecks, you can arrange payment by emailing email@example.com.
If your request for suspension is less than 6 months or if you return in less than 6 months from the start date of your leave, your submission of the form will not be honored.
If payroll deductions fail for a parking contract, the contract will be canceled. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if you are eligible for contract reinstatement.
- Contract holders may retain their parking contract for up to three months while looking for another position within the University of Minnesota.
- Laid-off employees who return to the University within one year shall be restored to the top of the waiting list in their previous facility.