With over 9,000 racks/hoops located around campus, stashing your wheels is a breeze. Bicyclists will find free racks and hoops near almost every building.
Do not lock bikes to handrails, trees, fences, bus shelters, sign poles or anything other than bike racks. Illegally parked bikes will be tagged and removed. To reclaim a bike, contact University Police at 612-624-7828.
Lockers and Sheltered Parking are also available to rent for a small fee.
Locate bicycle lockers/paths/lanes on the Campus Biking map
Bike Theft Prevention
- Always lock your bike.
- Bring an inexpensive bike to campus.
- For maximum protection, use a U-lock.
- If you have quick-release hubs, don't forget to lock your wheels and seatpost.
- Park in a well-traveled, well-lit area.
- Write down your bike's serial number for matching in case of theft.
- Alert the police of suspicious activity.