St. Paul campus commuters coming from Maplewood may notice construction delays in the coming months. The Minnesota Department of Transportation is conducting safety and maintenance work on Highway 5/Minnehaha Ave. and Stillwater Road in St. Paul and Maplewood.
Crews are diligently at work from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with potential lane closures on Stillwater Rd. until early November. Be sure to check the Minnesota Department of Transportation's project site for the latest traffic impact updates, including temporary disruptions due to weather. Additional work includes road resurfacing, sidewalk repairs, and various enhancements for safety and accessibility. For comprehensive project details and real-time updates, visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation's official project site and plan your travel accordingly.
- Construction: August 2023 through November 2024
- August through early October 2023: Stillwater Rd. between Lakewood Dr. and Century Ave./Hwy 120.
- October through early November 2023: Stillwater Rd. between Lakewood Dr. and Minnehaha Ave.
- Spring through fall 2024: Minnehaha Ave. (working from east to west)
- Tree replanting: 2025-2026
Courtesy Minnesota Department of Transporation