About the University Paratransit Service
Anyone who is unable to use fixed transit and needs special transportation service while on campus can request a free accessible ride (curb-to-curb). The service operates on the Twin Cities campus.
- Vans operate Monday through Friday year-round, except on University holidays
- The first daily trip starts at 7:00 a.m. and the last trip starts at 9:30 p.m. during the academic year (service ends at 6:00 p.m. during breaks and summer periods).
- Rides may be scheduled up to two weeks in advance
- Rides may be scheduled from and to more than 200 locations on the Twin Cities campus
- A valid University of Minnesota internet ID (otherwise known as ".x500 address") is required when making an online reservation or reserving a paratransit trip by phone.
Add/Change/Cancel a Reservation Online
Use the online reservation system to:
- Add, change or cancel a reservation 24/7. Note: all same-day adds, changes and cancellations must be made by phone between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- See a list of your pending and past reservations
- Copy a past reservation to create a new request
- Manage your contact phone number
Add/Change/Cancel a Reservation by Phone
Call the University Paratransit appointment line at 612-624-8338 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed on University holidays).
Metro Mobility Discounted Bus Passes
Metro Mobility is a door-to-door service that is available by reservation for certified riders unable to use the regular fixed-route bus due to a disability or health condition. Complete details including eligibility, cost and an application form can be found on the Metropolitan Council website or by calling 651-602-1111 (TTY 651-221-9886).
Once certified, deeply discounted Metro Mobility Go-To Cards are available for purchase by University students, faculty and staff at the PTS main office. Contact 612-626-7275 for more information.
In order to receive the discounted price when it is time to add stored value to a Metro Mobility Go-To Card, contact Parking & Transportation Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full price general public tickets may be purchased online at Metro Mobility– accessible service for people of all mobility levels.