The 2021 Homecoming Parade is on Friday, September 24. University Avenue is closed between 10th Ave and Oak St by 6 p.m. for the parade.
With the closure of University Avenue and other pre-parade staging activities, this annual event will have an effect on access to some parking facilities.
Lot 42/43 contract parkers
- You must enter or exit these lots before approximately 6 p.m. or after 8 p.m.
- An alternative location is the 4th Street Ramp (be sure to exit the ramp before 7 a.m. on Saturday).
Church Street Garage public parkers and Northrop and Nolte Garage contract parkers
- University Avenue closes by 6 p.m. for the parade.
- It will NOT be possible to cross University Avenue during the parade.
- If you plan to exit or enter these garages between approximately 6 and 8 p.m., it will be necessary to detour around the event. Our recommendation is to take Pillsbury to Harvard to Fulton to Huron to get to I-94 or to take Pillsbury to Pleasant to Washington to get to I-35. See map.
University Avenue Ramp public and contract parkers
- Between 6 and 8 p.m., it will NOT be possible to ENTER the University Avenue Ramp. During this time, drivers will be able to EXIT using the bus lane and going south on Walnut Street to Beacon Street. From there, take Beacon to Harvard to Pillsbury to Pleasant to Washington to get to I-35 OR you can use Beacon to Harvard to Fulton to Huron to get to I-94. View a campus map.
- If you need to arrive on campus during University Avenue’s closure (6-8 p.m.), we encourage you to use your typical reciprocal parking privileges to park in the 4th Street Ramp or Washington Avenue Ramp as an alternative.
Campus Bus Riders After 6 p.m. on Friday, September 24
University Avenue Circulator
- Route detours to 8th Street, south on 15th Avenue, and east on 5th Street
- Three bus stops are closed: Sanford, 15th & University, and Rec Sports stops
- Catch the bus at McNamara during the detour
- Route detours to 4th Street to I-35W
- Two bus stops are closed: Jones-Eddy Circle and Bruininks
- Catch the bus at the northeast corner of the intersection at 14th Avenue & 4th Street