For Gopher football fans, find game day specifics and information
On gamedays, drivers should anticipate congestion and delays while travelling to/from and around campus. Carpooling and alternate methods (transit, bike, walk) are highly recommended.
Because of limited road capacity around the stadium, fans should anticipate that streets around campus will be congested for about one hour after the game. Incidents on the roadways or freeways can increase exiting time.
2021 Gopher Football Home Schedule
Home games are in bold
Thursday, September 2 v. Ohio State @ 7 p.m.Saturday, September 11 v. Miami (OH) @ 11 a.m.Saturday, September 18 @ Colorado TBASaturday, September 25 v. Bowling Green @ TBASaturday, October 2 @ Purdue TBASaturday, October 16 v. Nebraska @ TBASaturday, October 23 v. Maryland @ TBASaturday, October 30 @ Northwestern TBASaturday, November 6 v. Illinois @ TBASaturday, November 13 @ Iowa TBASaturday, November 20 @ Indiana TBASaturday, November 27 v. Wisconsin @ TBA
Parking on Game Days
U Community Information
Most contract parkers will continue to use their assigned contracts on this weekday game (Thursday, August 29). Necessary relocations will be on a limited basis and an email will be sent to those affected lot contract holders.
For PUBLIC parking needs
- DAILY public parking will be available on campus until 11 a.m. After 11 a.m., daily lots will be closed to additional vehicles until they open to football event parking at 2 p.m.
- HOURLY public parking will be available in the East River Road Garage and 4th Street Ramp until 2 p.m.
- Faculty, staff, and students who arrive after 2 p.m. and show a valid University ID can pay a discounted public parking rate of $6 in the Oak Street Ramp and East River Road Garage.
- Staff coming to campus Thursday afternoon and evening for work shifts should allow extra time for travel and parking.
- Campus shuttle service will operate on the regular summer schedule, with service ending at 6 p.m.
University Contract Parking Information
Individuals who are not attending the game or are not scheduled for work-related activities are encouraged to avoid campus. Do your part to help us reduce campus congestion.
- On football Saturdays, most faculty and staff with East Bank parking contracts in ramps and garages are able to park in their regularly assigned parking location.
- Contract holders who are required to relocate are: 2221 University Ave. Garage; Discovery Lot; Gateway Lot; Gold Lot; Gopher Lot; Minnesota Lot; Ski-U-Mah Lot; Lots C2/C56; Lots C33; and Lots C55/C58/C59.
- On those six Saturdays, the parking facilities around the stadium (listed above) must relocate to East River Road Garage.
Access to assigned contract parking and reciprocal parking privileges will be restored ONE HOUR after the start of the game, BUT both will be on a space-available basis.
Most faculty, staff and commuter students with a 24-hour EAST BANK HANGTAG parking contract will be able to use their regular contract location on game days. Three lots (Discovery Lot, Lot C2 and Lot C56) must still re-locate to East River Road Garage.
Those with West Bank and St. Paul contracts will park in their regularly assigned facility.
Students with a residential hall parking contract will be able to park in their assigned facility (regardless of where the parking contract is located).
Parking readers should be operational on football game days. In general, the alternate location becomes effective six hours before game time.
Requests for exceptions must be submitted to and approved by appropriate collegiate dean or vice president. All approved exceptions must be sent to Parking & Transportation Services AT LEAST FIVE BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR to the requested date. PTS will respond to the request based on facility space availability.
- University vehicles may remain in their assigned locations on football game days.
- The reciprocal parking benefit for University parking contract holders is not available on football Saturdays.
- East River Road Garage - East Bank
- 19th & 21st Avenue Ramps - West Bank
- Gortner Avenue Ramp - St. Paul
Students MUST show the parking attendant TWO things to receive the reduced rate:
- your U Card (University ID) and
- a copy of your registration into that Saturday class.
You can print your registration on your MyU Portal (under "My Courses & Teaching" and " Active" tabs) or from OneStop (under the Quick Link "Registration" on the right column and "Enrollment Summary" for Fall 2018 semester).
Here are some key points for vendor contract holders:
- Official vehicle/vendor spaces can be used on game days; however the vehicle must have a state license plate (absolutely NO private or personal vehicles allowed on game days)
- Your contract is NOT valid at meters on game days
- If you have a day-of emergency, please contact PTS as soon as possible at 612-626-PARK
Here are some key points for loading zone contract holders:
- Most loading zone spaces are available during game days; however the vehicle must have a state license plate (absolutely NO private or personal vehicles allowed on game days)
- Spaces near the TCF Bank Stadium will NOT be available on game days
- If you have a day-of emergency, please contact PTS as soon as possible (prior to parking) with the details at 612-626-PARK.