This option is available to University faculty and staff who work a minimum of 75% time.
Contract parking for University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview staff is handled through the hospital parking department. Call 612-273-6674 for further information. all 612-273-7275 for further information.
- Access to your assigned facility 24/7 (At most locations; contract holders without 24/7 access in their assigned facility are provided with evening and weekend access at a nearby location).
- Unlimited entry and exit (large events at Huntington Bank Stadium may require re-location of some parking contracts).
- May use license plate recognition (LPR) to enter and exit gated parking facilities, if you choose (alternative to holding a card near the card reader on entry and exit machines). Register your license plate
- Easy convenient payment through a payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis. Contract Payment Schedule
- Reciprocal parking privileges – This allows you to park on a space available basis in specific locations on a campus other than his/her assigned facility during regular business hours, Monday - Friday. Reciprocal space is not guaranteed. When event rates are in effect, space availability is at the discretion of the parking attendant on duty. View reciprocal parking locations.
- Standard Contract Terms and Conditions
- Parking Contract Credential User Guide
Lots – $77.00 per month; Ramps – $109.00 per month; Garages – $143.00 per month.
NOTE: The monthly parking rate is calculated from the annual rate divided over 12 months. The bi-weekly rate is the annual rate divided by the amount of pay periods in the parking year (October 1 thru September 30). See Payroll Deduction Schedule
For employees paid over a nine-month period, the annual rate is divided among pay periods from mid-September through early-June. Contact parking@
How To Get a Staff/Faculty Parking Contract
- Decide where you want to park.
- Sign up on the parking contract waiting list.
- U of M employees are able to be on ONE waiting list at a time.
- In a few locations, parking contracts are immediately available. Most locations, however, have a waiting period.
- Individuals are able to have a parking contract AND be on one waiting list at the same time.
- Parking contract openings are filled from the waiting list in the order they were received.
- Add or delete your name from a facility list or change your parking selection at any time by logging back into the waiting list.
- If "Buy Now" is showing, then go to Your Waiting List and click the Review Facility List button. You should find a Buy Now button on the left.
Parking Contract Waiting List Method
- When an opening occurs, the person at the top of that particular facility waiting list will be contacted and offered a parking contract in that specific facility.
- The individual is not obligated to accept the offer.
- If the individual has a parking contract in another University facility, they may transfer their active contract to the new facility at the new facility rate.
- Once the contract offer is accepted, faculty/staff will receive their hangtag (if applicable) at their home address or they may pick it up at the PTS office.
University Ride-Share Registration
Staff and faculty members with a current parking contract can register as a carpool or vanpool with PTS. Eligibility and names of ride-sharers are verified and renewed annually. A contract holder can access his/her parking facility with an active U Card. Contract holders who eegister for a ride-share can request one, free PTS Parking Card. Additionally, any contract holder may purchase up to two PTS Parking Cards for $20 each. Holders of individual contracts may also link up to two license plate numbers to their contract for use by the LPR system. U Cards, PTS Parking Cards, and LPR function interchangeably (only one may be used at a time). Registration form
Special Reciprocal Parking
In certain instances, access may be issued at locations not included in the regular reciprocal parking program. Special reciprocal access may be issued for teaching or research purposes. Please e-mail a request including the reason for the added access, days and times you need it, name of the building where you will be teaching, and your current contract information to email@example.com. Requests must be renewed annually.
Reserved Parking Stall
These are numbered stalls in some locations, Monday - Friday, 6 am - 6 pm. This optional program is being phased out in University parking facilities through attrition.
Leave of Absence
If a contract holder will be on an official leave of absence for six months or more, they may suspend their contract for the duration of their leave. Upon return, if space is available, the contract will be reinstated. If the facility is full upon their return, they will be placed at the top of the waiting list for the facility in which they held a contract. For any leaves of less than six months, the contract holder remains responsible for the parking contract and must arrange a payment method with Parking & Transportation Services for the duration of the leave.
Contract holders may retain their parking contract for up to three months while looking for another position within the University of Minnesota. Bills will be sent on a biweekly basis to the address specified by the customer. Laid-off employees who return to the University within one year shall be restored to the top of the waiting list in their previous facility.
Sublet Parking Spaces
Sublet space is defined as a contract holder allowing use of their contract space by another University faculty or staff member (the sublettor) during the contract holder’s absence. Parking spaces may be sublet for a maximum of one year. A University employee -- with a parking contract -- who is leaving the University cannot sublet the parking contract to someone else.
Sublet billing is done in one of two ways:
- If the contract holder remains on the University payroll (on paid leave, for example), the normal payroll deduction process is followed.
- If the contract holder will not be on the University payroll, the parking charges must be paid in advance for the duration of the time period.
Note: The contract holder is responsible for all aspects of the contract, including informing the sublettor about reciprocal parking privileges, charges incurred due to lost credentials, access details (for example: providing the sublettor with a PTS Parking Card) and hangtag permit display rules.
Counterfeit/Altered Parking Permits
Use of stolen, counterfeit, or altered parking permits will result in a parking citation, loss of contract privileges for contract holders for one calendar year from date of infraction, and assignment to the bottom of any contract parking waiting lists. Lost or stolen permits should be reported to Parking & Transportation Services immediately.