Car-sharing is an on-campus alternative to owning your own car and is becoming a popular option in the Twin Cities.
- 24/7 access to vehicles
- Minimum age is 18
- Rates include gas and insurance
University Departments! Car-sharing can work for you too. It’s a perfect solution to your short-term vehicle needs – for meetings, research, meals or transportation for a visiting colleague.
On Campus Option
HOURCAR, operator of Evie Carshare, is the largest carshare operator in Minneapolis and St. Paul. HOURCARs fleet comprises a range of fuel-efficient hatchbacks, sedans, utility vehicles and pick-up trucks. Evie is all-electric, providing one-way trips within the Home Area in Minneapolis, St. Paul and the U of M campus.
Sign up for HOURCAR and get access to Evie too, allowing you to make reservations for both services via the Evie Carshare app.
- $25 one-time registration fee for University students, staff and faculty
- No security deposit
- HOURCAR Student Plan rates are $6/hour or $45/day
- Evie Carshare Student Plan rates are 18¢/minute, $9/hour, or $66/day
- Charging/gas, insurance, and 24/7 roadside assistance included
- Convenient on-campus HOURCAR locations:
- EAST BANK
- Washington Avenue Ramp — 2 vehicles
- Oak Street Ramp - 1 vehicle
- Pillsbury Court - 1 vehicle
- ST. PAUL
- Commonwealth Terrace Cooperative — 1 vehicle
- Convenient Evie Carshare locations:
- 2+ Hour Parking with the City of Minneapolis & City of St. Paul
- Residential permit required streets are included
- Regular on-street parallel parking spots