|September 2, 2022 News Flash!
Any rider who needs to schedule a ride for Friday, September 2 from 2 - 6 p.m. should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your attention.
About the University Paratransit Service
Anyone who is unable to use fixed transit and needs special transportation service while on campus can request a free accessible ride (curb-to-curb). The service operates on the Twin Cities campus.
- Vans operate Monday through Friday year-round, except on University holidays.
- Academic year hours: the first daily trip starts at 7:00 a.m. and the last trip starts at 9:20 p.m.
- Breaks/summer period hours: the first daily trip starts at 7:00 a.m. and service ends at 6:00 p.m.
- Rides must be scheduled at least 60 minutes apart. Back-to-back rides may not be scheduled.
- Rides may be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
- A valid University of Minnesota Internet ID is required to make an online reservation or reserve a paratransit trip by phone.
- Drivers will not call riders when they arrive. Please be at the designated start location at the specified time to ensure pickup.
- Three no-shows in a 30-day period will result in loss of ridership eligibility for 30 days. Scheduled rides will be cancelled and you will be unable to request rides to occur during the 30-day period.
- Parking and Transportation Services is not responsible for articles left on vans.
- Rides may be scheduled from and to more than 200 locations on the Twin Cities campus.
Paratransit and U Cards
Bring your U Card with you on all Paratransit rides! You may need it to get to your destination.
Add/Change/Cancel a Reservation Online
Use the online reservation system to:
- Add, change or cancel a reservation 24/7.
Note: all same-day adds, changes and cancellations must be made by phone between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. These must be at least 60 minutes before the pick-up time.
- See a list of your pending and past reservations
- Copy a past reservation to create a new request
- Manage your contact phone number
Add/Change/Cancel a Reservation by Phone
Call the University Paratransit appointment line at 612-624-8338 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed on University holidays). Requests must be at least 60 minutes before the pick-up time. If you have difficulty getting through on that line, an alternate phone number to call is 612-626-7275.
Paratransit Stop Locations
Metro Mobility is a door-to-door service that is available by reservation for certified riders unable to use the regular fixed-route bus due to a disability or health condition. Complete details including eligibility, cost and an application form can be found on the Metropolitan Council website or by calling 651-602-1111 (TTY 651-221-9886).
Once certified, deeply discounted Metro Mobility Go-To Cards are available for purchase by University students, faculty and staff at the PTS main office. Contact 612-626-7275 for more information.
In order to receive the discounted price when it is time to add stored value to a Metro Mobility Go-To Card, contact Parking & Transportation Services by email at email@example.com.
Full price general public tickets may be purchased online at Metro Mobility– accessible service for people of all mobility levels.