Discounted and unlimited transit pass for staff and faculty
Order a New or Replacement Metropass
Email notification will be sent when the Metropass is ready to be claimed in-person at the PTS main office.
- Customers requesting a replacement for a damaged, lost, or stolen pass will be required to pay a fee of $7.00 when claiming the replacement pass.
- Metropasses recalled by Metro Transit will receive a free replacement.
- Unlimited, 24/7 transit rides on all regular route bus lines and light rail
- Additional fare may be needed for the Northstar
- Qualifies for the Guaranteed Ride Home program
- Maps of city bus routes serving the U of M campus
Must be faculty or staff on the University payroll working a minimum of 20 hours per week and possess a valid U Card.
Rate & Payment
$83/month via bi-weekly payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis
- Contract Payment Schedule (note that pay and contract periods are different)
- Quarterly billing available for staff and faculty not eligible for payroll-deducted parking contracts
- Metropass information for 9-month employees
How to Cancel a Bus Pass
To cancel your pass, submit the Metropass Cancellation Form. Eligible, prorated refunds may take approximately 4-6 weeks to process. Submitting the form is formally acknowledging the Metropass will be canceled on the date the form was submitted. There is no option to backdate the form or request cancellation at a future date. Following cancellation, a new Metropass cannot be purchased for a minimum of 30 days.
Other Metro Transit Passes
Learn more about other Metro Transit Passes and Fares.